The Customer is a US based global generic and Pharmaceuticals Company and has experienced a significant growth over last few years.
Globally, India has been a growth engine for the Customer in terms of manufacturing capabilities in specific and Customer has grown inorganically through various acquisitions in India. This led to addition of multiple sites, integration of various companies into their global IT landscape at a very fast pace. The availability of IT environment in India specifically became of utmost importance due to the business impact it is associated with across various manufacturing sites, business services offices and research sites.
- The customer is experiencing frequent occurrence of issues (outages, slowness) in its WAN (Wide Area Network) environment across all India sites impacting business operations.
- To perform the detailed assessment covers understanding the WAN architecture including AD/DNS, gather the available information on past incidents from operations team as well as telecom service providers, carry out WAN performance analysis and available information from various tools and provide recommendations to achieve better performance, fault tolerance and high availability of WAN.
CredenceOne approached with following steps to achieve the objectives.
- Design Assessment: WAN architecture analysis and assess design conformance to Industry Standard Best practices.
- High availability assessment: Identify Single Point of Failure including analysis and Remediation guidance. Configuration review – High Availability of components and service.
- Performance Assessment: Link Utilization statistics and recommendations for an upgrade. Analysis of WAN device configurations to suit the requirement of high availability and impact on the performance of applications and / or services.
- Assessment summary: CredenceOne found 150+ key observations covering all WAN equipment implemented at 23 locations covering. The observations are categorized based on single point of failures, lack of capacity in network and hardware equipment, router configuration management
- Recommendations: CredenceOne provided recommendations for each observation to achieve better performance and high availability. In addition, also designed the project activity roadmap to bridge the gaps on WAN infrastructure.
- The project helped customer in getting clear visibility on WAN issues including remediation plan to achieve high uptime and improved performance.
Technology platforms used:
- Cisco Routers, Infoblox, MS AD/DNS, Solarwinds
- 8 business weeks