The customer is a global IT/ITES leader in business and technology services, helping their clients bring the future of work to life — today.
With over 100 delivery centers worldwide and approximately 218,000 employees, the Customer is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000 and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
- In order to further strengthen the infrastructure management capabilities, our Customer was looking for documenting their Data Center management pod for their cloud services based on the available best practices in the industry covering their 6 global data centers in USA and Europe.
- Non availability of HLDs, LLDs and Runbooks to handle day to day data center operations covering 50+ technology platforms including tools on their cloud.
- To validate data center architecture (including DR) covering end-to-end technology stack consists of 50+ tools.
- To understand entire DC architecture covering physical layer (DCIM) till Application stack.
- To develop a complete set of documentation to include High Level Design drawings, Low Level Design documents, Run Books Procedures, Provisioning/Implementation Procedures, Policies and Process documents.
- CredenceOne SMEs formed parallel work streams and conducted on-site workshops and face-to-face discussions with key stakeholders to understand and validate each domain in detail.
- CredenceOne SMEs analyzed the gathered information for all technology platforms.
- CredenceOne SMEs created required documentation.
- CredenceOne not only documented the required runbooks but also support the testing of Runbooks and implementation procedures.
- CredenceOne conducted multiple sessions of documentation walk-through with Customer to incorporate their suggestions.
After successful completion of documenting HLDs, LLDs, Runbooks and implementation procedures, customer gained the following benefits;
- Tremendous value addition in handling day-to-day data center operations more effectively.
- Showcasing the methodical process of cloud management to attract more customers.
- Better turnaround in implementing technology on the cloud for their customers by referring to the technical documentation.
- Effective knowledge transfer within the teams (on-site and off-shore) including new joiners for their cloud management practice.
- Better capacity and configuration management.
- Cost savings due to clear visibility on their annual maintenance contracts.
Technology platform used (Key components):
- Entire Vcloud suite consists of SRM, N&S, Automation center, Ops Manager, Director, NetApp, vFabrics, Cisco prodcuts, RSA, Infoblox, NetMRI McAfee, CA DCIM, Arbor networks and other proprietary tools.
- 24 business weeks