The customer is a multinational IT services provider. They are one of the leaders in the telecom space.The entity has more than 80,000 employees, serves over 500 customers across number of countries.
- IT labs for internal training for employee skill improvement and new hire orientation programs
- Non availability of physical infrastructure for provisioning training Labs was a key issue
- IT team did not have requisite expertise in setup of the lab infrastructure
- Trainer was spending more time for resolving lab related issues.
- Time required for lab infrastructure provisioning
- Record Management of training labs was tedious
- Hardware and software cost
- Security policies have to be relaxed for providing labs outside the organization
The customer was provided with ready to use remote cloud lab environment. This contained course specific software & data files, as well as a run book for course “hands-on” activity. The scenario based labs ensured that participants got a real life experience on working with various infrastructure software and applications. The labs were made accessible to all participants from work and home using laptops or other mobile devices. This extended the learning experience beyond the classroom. Posts training the labs were made available for practice sessions.
Our team worked with the trainers to make certain that they well versed with the lab infrastructure and aware of all the aspects of the lab.
Adoption of our lab products provided the customer organization with several key benefits to their day-to-day operations and business performance, including:
- Scalability was a key advantage that we offered. Our labs provide over 250 simultaneous participant login accesses
- Availability is one of the major advantages of our cloud based Labs. We are hosted in a tier-3 datacenter with robust redundant connectivity from multiple ISPs.
- Minimized course set-up and preparation times
- Software environments are pre-configured for conducting CHOICE “hands-on” lab activities for multi-tiered software applications.
- Trainers were able to focus on class preparation and course delivery rather than lab issues
- IT departments were able to keep focus on strategic business initiatives
- Removal of need for domain experts for lab setups
- Removal of software acquisition barrier, allowing for easier expansion of course delivery and schedules to help businesses in hiring trainer for technologies their needs
- Ability to extend training schedules
- HTTPS based access ensured the customer does not need to make any changes to organizational security policies
- Accessibility of training labs beyond the classroom from multiple access devices
- Orders are fulfilled electronically within two business days, allowing the organization to instantly achieve training requirements, without the common software and hardware acquisition barrier
- Variable, unit-based costs (per participant) ensure software/hardware expenses are both minimized and align with sales / business performance
- Availability of the labs as OPEX without making any CAPEX