The Co-operative Bank Ltd. is the second oldest & second largest bank in the country. The Bank has recently completed glorious 108 years of service successfully.
It attained multi-state scheduled status in 1997. The Bank is a professionally managed ‘Financial Institution’, a benchmark of credibility and innovation. Bank is a pioneer in setting up best of the breed technology products and platform in the banking arena since the inception.
- Effective use of the existing IT infrastructure optimally to provide better services to their customer by reducing cost.
- How to assess an existing IT platforms to improve on performance, usage, resiliency and operational efficiency.
- Bank would like their partner to assess their technical architecture covering compute, storage, network and security domains to enhance existing services to their internal and external customers.
- Technical documentation of the overall architecture consist of compute, network and storage.
- Structured approach consist of 3 phases like information gathering, analysis and recommendations.
- Detailed information gathering phase by conducting workshops, implementing tools, 1-1 sessions with key stakeholders from various functions and executive management.
- CredenceOne SMEs performed various important tasks like analyzed existing architecture, identification of performance bottlenecks by conducting detailed audit of network, compute and storage architecture.
- Recording observations at each stage and suggested recommendations based on industry best practices.
- Created detailed technical documentation (LLDs) covering entire architecture, design overviews, configurations.
The project helped Bank in;
- Performance improvements
- Optimum utilization of existing resources
- Bridging security gaps within the IT infrastructure
- Effective management of day-to-day operations
- Activity roadmap
- Better cost management
- IT infrastructure consolidation
- Training and skill development
Technology platforms assessed:
- VMware vCenter, vSphere, IBM P series , Dell blade servers, Cisco Nexus, ASA, Palo Alto, AppDynamics, Watchgurad, Juniper, Hitachi storage etc.
- 12 business weeks