The leading Multi-state Scheduled Bank in UCB sector with 31 branches in Maharashtra. The objective of establishing the Bank was to cater to the needs of local people & furtherance of the objective/principles of co-operation.
Since inception, in 1984, Bank is making steady progress in business and made significant progress in IT computerization by establishing centralized core banking services.
- Non availability of information security framework including policies, procedures and templates.
- RBI mandate to comply with their information security standards to launch new services like ATM, Internet banking, etc.
- Un-availability of in-house IS skills to design and implement Information Security framework.
- To develop a complete set (25 nos.) of IS policies, processes including process templates and guidelines based on RBI IS standards.
- Conduct multiple awareness sessions and workshops for IT and Bank’s executive management.
- Provide all the required technical support (resident engineers) to implement IS controls on IT infrastructure of the Bank.
- Extend support to Bank’s in-house IT team in implementing IS policies across the Bank.
- A detailed assessment of IS policies after the implementation.
- CredenceOne SMEs formed parallel work streams to achieve the given target on time.
- CredenceOne SMEs developed the entire suit of Information Security policies and procedures including guidelines and templates after a deep understanding of Bank’s environment and RBI’s proposed IS framework for compliance.
- CredenceOne SMEs also delivered various awareness sessions and conducted workshops for IT and Executive management of the Bank.
- CredenceOne not only extended the required support to Bank in implementing IS policies but also provided consulting in transforming their IT infrastructure.
- CredenceOne also helped Bank in streamlining their DR architecture by designing DR policies and test cases.
- CredenceOne conducted detailed assessment and reviews in multiple phases.
After successful completion of implementing strong foundation of IS framework, Bank is now enjoying following benefits;
- Bringing in the IS culture within the Bank
- Achieved RBI compliance
- Managing secured IT environment within the Bank
- Creating a strong foundation for launching their new services like Internet Banking, ATMs, etc.
- Support IS audits conducted by regulatory
- Attracting new customers by providing secure banking services
- Competing with peers in UCB sector
- 18 business weeks