The Co-operative Bank Ltd. is the second oldest & second-largest bank in the country. The Bank has recently completed glorious 108 years of service successfully.
It attained multi-state scheduled status in 1997. The Bank is a professionally managed ‘Financial Institution’, a benchmark of credibility and innovation. Bank is a pioneer in setting up best of the breed technology products and platform in the banking arena since the inception.
- Consolidation of their IT infrastructure hosted in 5 data centers to the new primary data center.
- Data center migration to primary and DR locations.
- Assessment of an existing IT platforms to improve on performance, usage, resiliency and operational efficiency.
- Bank would like their partner to assess and consolidate their technical architecture covering compute, storage, network and security domains to enhance existing services to their internal and external customers.
- Prepare the detailed migration plan working closely with their internal IT teams.
- The structured approach consists of 3 phases like information gathering, analysis and recommendations.
- Detailed information gathering phase by conducting workshops, implementing tools, 1-1 sessions with key stakeholders from various functions and executive management.
- CredenceOne SMEs performed various important tasks like analyzed existing architecture, identification of performance bottlenecks by conducting a detailed audit of the network, compute and storage architecture.
- Preparation of the detailed IT consolidation plans (P2P, P2V, V2V etc.) covering all IT domains.
- Designed the detailed DC migration framework and plans with a limited down time of 4 hours considering all production applications.
- Ownership of DC migration by setting up war rooms etc.
- Created detailed technical documentation (LLDs) covering entire architecture, design overviews, configurations.
The project helped Bank in;
- Performance improvements
- Optimum utilization of existing resources
- Bridging security gaps within the IT infrastructure
- Effective management of day-to-day operations
- Activity road-map
- Better cost management
- IT infrastructure consolidation
- Training and skill development
Technology platforms assessed:
- VMware vCenter, vSphere, IBM P series , Dell blade servers, Cisco Nexus, ASA, Palo Alto, AppDynamics, Watchgurad, Juniper, Hitachi storage etc.
- 18 business weeks